At the beginning of every month, we celebrate the opening of a month-long art exhibit in the gallery space at Strut. Everyone is welcome at this free event. Wine and snacks are served.
Since 2003, Magnet’s art opening events have brought together community members in celebration of paintings, sculpture, photography, digital art and other forms of creative expression by LGBTQ artists.
Show Us Your Stuff
Does your art, paintings, sculptures, photography empower and celebrate your community?
We’re calling for entries from artists who are passionate about what we do and want to share their work with our community. Every show gets a launch party and is exhibited in our gallery for a month. Email your submission by August 31st including responses to all the questions below. We encourage submissions from all artists. Those who have shown their work before January 2019 are welcome to resubmit.
Artists selected to display their work will be notified by September 30, 2022. No calls, please.
Deadline is August 31, 2022.
- Title: Tell us the proposed name of your art show, and any themes or tagline you’d like to use.
- Artist statement: Describe your work, your vision for the type of art you want to be exhibited in our gallery, and why you want to show it at Strut.
- Connection to SFAF: How does your art connect with us? Please give us a paragraph stating how your work supports or is connected to our mission to promote health and wellness of our community.
- C.V.: Include details of your professional art experience if you have some, not mandatory.
- Bio: Please describe yourself, where you are from, and your experience as an artist.
- Contact details: Include a phone number and email address. We will notify you if your entry is accepted or not.
- Work sample: Include 10 images of your artwork to be reviewed. If you have not made the art and want to make a special collection just for the Strut exhibition, please include samples from past exhibits, a detailed description of what the new work will be like and a few preview sketches. Images must be in jpg, png or pdf format and should be attached to the email. Please include the size of your art. If you would prefer, you can send CDs, photos, or copies of your portfolio, but we cannot return any materials to you. Mail or drop off at Strut, 470 Castro Street San Francisco CA, 94114. Links to websites will not be considered.
To submit, fill out the form by August 31. Please notify us by email if you’d like to mail or drop off your work instead.