Dados los recientes desarrollos en cuanto al coronavirus, estamos proporcionando información para prevenir la propagación del COVID-19 y cambios de nuestros programas y servicios.
Site closures 7/23/21:
All in-person programs, services, and groups at our main office at 1035 Market St. and the Harm Reduction Center will be canceled Friday, 7/23/21 due to a break-in at our office. Strut/Magnet will close at 6 pm on 7/23/21 and 7/24/21. Harm reduction services and resources can be accessed at Glide (330 Ellis). Please see our calendar for services offered online.
Updated: June 29, 2021
- Stonewall Project — Phone and video chat, limited in-person services. The Stonewall Services Schedule offers more detail.
- 6th St Harm Reduction Center — see schedule
- Mobile Syringe Sites — see schedule
- Syringe Pick up Crew — normal hours
- Social support & Individual counseling — see schedule
- Volunteers — shifts and events canceled
All individuals entering any of our sites are required to wear a face covering that shields the mouth and nose.
We want to make sure you have the most accurate information about how to access our services during this time. We’ll update this page regularly.
Locations & hours (July 1 – July 30)
- Main Office (1035 Market Street): Limited services available
- Magnet at Strut (470 Castro St.): Services are available Tuesday-Saturday, from 10 am – 7 pm. Magnet is closed July 3 – 5, 2021.
- 6th Street Harm Reduction Center (117 6th St.): Hours for July 5, 2021 are 11 am – 1 pm.
- Monday – Friday 11 am – 3 pm, and 3:30 pm – 7 pm; Saturday, 4 pm – 8 pm: Syringe access, safe disposal, harm reduction supplies and Narcan
- Tuesday – Friday, 11 am – 1 pm: Hepatitis C Wellness and locker programs; medical services; enrollment in HCV Wellness and Love Your Liver; HIV, HCV and STI testing, pregnancy tests & hormone level checks
- Mobile Syringe Sites:
- Monday: Bayview (3rd and Innes), 4 pm – 6 pm
- Tuesday: Duboce (Bikeway behind Safeway), 6 pm – 8 pm
- Wednesday: Weise Alley (at 16th), 6 pm – 8 pm
- Thursday: Hemlock Alley (off Polk St., between Post & Sutter), 7 pm – 9 pm
- Friday: 16th & Mission St., 7 pm – 9 pm
Clinical Sexual Health Services
Drop-in appointments for sexual health services are available Tuesday – Saturday. A very limited number of same-day sexual health appointments are available each day. These appointments are first-come, first serve. To book a same-day appointment, grab a ticket from the ticket machine outside the building starting at 9:30 am each day, and come back at 10 am when we open. If you aren’t back at 10 am or if you lose your number, we will give your spot to the next person. Same-day appointments are generally between the hours of 10:30 am – 12:30 pm, but may also happen later in the afternoon. Getting a ticket does not guarantee there will be an appointment available on the same day.
You can make an appointment online if you want to schedule an appointment for sexual health services (STI testing, HIV and hepatitis C testing, hepatitis A and B or flu vaccines, anal health services, and gender-affirming care or hormone services).
You can also call 415-581-1600 to schedule an appointment.
PrEP, PEP, or HIV care
If you are interested in receiving PrEP from our clinical team, please reach out. We want to meet with you! Make an appointment online.
If you are currently receiving PrEP or HIV care from our clinical team, make a follow-up appointment by calling 415-437-3450. You can also email questions about PrEP or follow-up appointments to firstname.lastname@example.org and questions about HIV services to assist4HIV@sfaf.org.
All clients are required to wear masks while in the building. Masks are available if you need one.
Accessibility: There are no stairs to enter the lobby level at Strut from the street level. The building has three floors, and there is a stairwell with handrails and a wheelchair accessible elevator. There are 26 steps from the lobby to the 2nd floor and 48 steps from the lobby to the 3rd floor.
Behavioral Health Services
All harm reduction supplies are available via door service at the Harm Reduction Center and mobile syringe sites (days, hours and locations above). This includes Narcan distribution, syringe distribution & disposal services.
- Syringe Pick Up Crew: Our street-based syringe disposal team is providing rapid response syringe pickups normal hours, Monday-Sunday, 7 am – 7 pm. Learn more about the Syringe Pick Up Crew.
- Stonewall Project: On Monday, July 5, Feeling Good, Abstinence Support, and call-in individual counseling will be cancelled. Substance use counseling sessions and group sessions are available virtually. Some services are available in-person at this time. Please refer to this schedule of the Stonewall groups to learn more. Call 415-487-3100 or email email@example.com with questions.
Note: This is not crisis service and response may be delayed pending staff availability. Please dial 911 or take yourself to the nearest emergency room if there is a life-threatening emergency.
- PROP is currently for enrolled clients only. Please contact Rick Andrews at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-487-3115 with questions. Refer to this schedule for meeting times and video conference instructions.
Black Health Services
- Black Brothers Esteem: Community support and referrals to food resources and health care. The following groups will be offered on video chat and in-person.
Community support and referrals to food resources and health care. The following groups will be offered on video chat and in-person:
For more information, contact Sara at email@example.com or 415-340-2564.
- TransLife: All groups are in-person only at 1035 Market Street.
- TransLife meets every 2nd and 4th Wednesday at 2 pm.
- Contact MsEarl at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Case Management Services
- Housing & Benefits: Benefits re-certifications, enrollment and extension services are available over the phone. Please reach out to your case manager directly or email Jesus Moreno at email@example.com, or leave a voicemail at 415-487-3037 if you want to schedule an appointment. For ADAP clients, please contact 415-487-8023.
- Centers of Excellence: All Centers of Excellence groups at SFAF are currently on hiatus.
- Elizabeth Taylor 50-Plus Network:
- Virtual Check-In: Every 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Wednesday, 6 pm
- Virtual Coffee Chats: Every Saturday, 10 am. Beginning July 10, 2021, Coffee Chats will be in-person at Maxfield’s.
Masks and gift cards are available for current clients. The 50-Plus team is checking in with members by phone and video chat. Email Dusty Arajuo at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to join a group.
Latinx Health Services
Spanish speaking community members can receive limited individual services by text, e-mail, phone calls, or video chat. The Latinx Health Service Program offers groups for social support and health education. All the groups are happening on Zoom by invitation only:
- The Latino Support Group/El Grupo de Apoyo Latino – Process group focusing on the intersection of HIV, Latino migration and the impact of COVID-19, Thursdays at 3 pm
- COVID-19 Prevention & Education Group – Every 1st and last Tuesday, 3 pm
- COVID-19 Vaccination Assistance Services in Spanish. For information, referrals, and navigation for COVID-19 vaccination services in Spanish, please contact Jorge Zepeda at email@example.com
- Sexual Health Group: Every 1st and last Friday, 3 pm
- Latinx Health is offering professional development groups for Peer Health Educators in Spanish every Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday from 9am-10am. For more information and to join, please contact Dimas Moncada at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information or to join a group, please contact Rosa Mercado at email@example.com.
Los Servicios de Salud para la comunidad Latina/Latinx
Miembros de la comunidad Latina que habla Español podrá recibir servicios limitados individuales por texto, e-mail/correo electrónico, llamada telefónica, o por video-llamada. Los grupos de apoyo social y educación de salud se facilitan en Español, usando la plataforma de Zoom y su participación es a través de una invitación personalizada. Estos son los grupos que se ofrecen:
El Grupo de Apoyo Latino—Este es un Grupo de proceso enfocándose en la intersección del VIH, la Migración Latina y el COVID-19, este grupo es el Jueves a las 3 de la tarde.
- Black Love: In Conversation with Black Imagination, July 11 at 6 pm
- QTPOC at Strut presents: Black Love Comedy Night!, July 18 at 6 pm
- TRANS VOICES: Pearl’s Tea with Sasha Colby!, July 18 at 7 pm